Join our awesome team!
We’re on a mission to deliver world class education to every child around the world. Inorder to do this we have setup on a mission to build the best technology, learning systems, curriculum and training program. With a project like this, we need the best and the brightest. Think you’re the perfect person for the job? We’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks
- The satisfaction of knowing your work helps to improve education for all
- Relocation Help
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Team Offsite’s around the country
- Casual work environment
APPLY for the IMPACT FELLOWSHIP 2014
Director of Academics
The Director of Academics is responsible for promoting and sustaining exceptional academic achievement and positive school cultures at all schools part of the Zaya Learning Labs network and for ensuring that our standards of excellence are maintained. The Director of Academics leads a diverse team of talented, dynamic subject experts, coachers and trainers to succeed in their roles. The Director of Academics supervises our partner school leaders, and is responsible for developing their leadership skills to advance school and learning objectives, and to effectively lead students, parents, teachers, and the community towards a shared vision to prepare our students for success in life.
The Director of Academics must excel at building relationships across a wide variety of constituencies, managing a talented team of educators, and driving results. In addition to school leaders, s/he will work closely with the Product team, the Board of Directors and Advisors as we prepare for significant expansion. The Director of Academics manages the Product Manager for Learning & Development, Director of Training and Subject Matter Experts, and reports to the CEO.
1. Build and manage a high performing team of subject experts.
- Provide leadership, coaching, feedback, and support to ensure that Subject matter experts are on track to meet Zaya’s academic goals for our students and fulfill Zaya’s mission.
- Oversee high quality implementation of each schools educational design, including standards, assessments, instructional guidelines, and school culture.
- Ensure our product is meeting high standards of innovation in terms of delivering improvement in learning outcomes.
- Oversee the development of curriculum and content partnerships for zaya’s solution to be robust and aligned with our quality goals
- Recruit a team of Subject Experts who have contextual knowledge of the india curriculum as well as issues in student learning in low cost schools.
2. Develop and Implement Zaya’s vision for Blended learning in low cost schools, including the following:
- Provide the framework and vision for implementing blended learning models in these schools.
- Supervise the Director of Training and Implementation to ensure that learning models are robustly tested and implemented
- Develop the Framework for Implementation of Blended Learning plans for teachers in schools who have very low capacity.
- Support the implementation of instructional technology pilots and initiatives. Work collaboratively with leaders to establish regional vision for instructional technology.
- Establish appropriate academic alignment across local curriculum and standards.
3. Manage the Director of Training and Leadership Development
- Ensure that the Director’s work coaching and developing emerging school leaders and teachers are in alignment with the schools goals and Zaya’s quality goals.
- Oversee the Director’s recruitment, coaching, and support of Teaching Assistants for every classroom
- Ensure that professional development for teachers and teaching assistants are high quality and successful
- Provide leadership, coaching, feedback, and support to ensure that the Director is on track to meet goals; evaluate performance
4. Serve as a member of the senior leadership team
- Attend and present at quarterly board meetings
- Participate in Zaya’s strategic meetings for scaling to other regions and countries
- Help chart short and long-term strategy for the organization
Skills and Qualifications
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to Zaya’s mission and values
- Understanding of Indian Education system is a plus but not needed.
- Demonstrated success leading a high-performing school closing the achievement gap
- Strong management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a diverse group of leaders
- Capability to effectively build, develop and maintain strong relationships with school leaders, staff, teachers, parents, students, Board members, and community stakeholders
- Skilled at analyzing, interpreting, and using data to collaborate, identify best practices and areas for improvement, and drive results
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals, exhibit flexibility, and drive results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Adept at thinking strategically, translating plans into action, and exhibiting excellent judgment
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with keen attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
Send in your resumes to email@example.com with the title “Director of Academics”
Full Stack Developer
This is your chance to expand your expertise in advanced technologies and distributed infrastructures as you solve challenging problems as part of our small but talented team. This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with experience and interest in the education space to be a leading contributor to a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial, high-impact, social enterprise organization. The ideal candidate has a passion for Zaya’s mission, thrives working externally, operating in ambiguous situations, and producing ambitious results.
- Develop next-gen Python/Django Web applications on cloud platforms.
- Build web applications optimized for desktop, mobile and tablet devices using the new HTML5 and related standards.
- Enhance scalability and reliability of existing applications
- Provide troubleshooting and 2nd-tier support for existing applications
You should have a track record of expertise in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of software optimized for large scale environments. You thrive on learning and applying new technologies. You’re capable of managing your time well and working efficiently and independently. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (Masters a plus).
- Self-starter, proactive, positive, creative, and flexible.
- Able to wear multiple hats and fill multiple roles and responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience with Python, MySQL.
- Must have a strong understanding of Python 2 and object-oriented design
- Django experience
- Hands-on experience with jQuery, AJAX, JSON, CSS.
- Working knowledge of new HTML5 technologies.
- Working knowledge of Twitter Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks
- You’ll thrive in a startup-like environment and possess maturity and business savvy.
- Familiarity with character encoding and how this applies to storing, retrieving and displaying data
- Bachelors of Engineering or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school, or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working with tools like TastyPy, HighCharts
- Knowledge of optimization such as memcached and scaling MySQL/Python
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Software Engineer- Python” In the title.
School Implementation Manager
ZAYA seeks an School Implementation Manager to join our ambitious growth plan by developing and leading our current projects around the world. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this person will help develop, execute and scale Zaya’s Blended Learning school Implementation model pan Maharashtra/Mumbai.
Candidate Profile and Experience Required:
Responsible and accountable for the coordinated execution or delivery of multi-team, cross departmental systems and processes-
- - Agreements with partner schools and other education institutions
- - Parent, school and community engagement
- - Define systems and regularly update school leaders with Zaya intervention progress
- - Billing/payments, payment compliance
- - Supply chain, inventory management, equipment maintenance, forecasting, and expense management (budgeting, cost-savings, expense processing)
- - Personnel Management (staff attendance, payroll, on-boarding/disciplinary actions/exiting processes, managing & forecasting staffing needs, substitute and backup pools)
- - Operational systems oversight and compliance
What you need for this position:
- - Graduate from one of the top colleges in India
- - Exceptional inter-personal skills (written and verbal)
- - Experience in leading & managing teams
- - Experience in working with schools or other franchise operational models
- - Minimum 3 years industry experience
What we offer in return:
- Opportunity to work with a fun, energetic team that will give you the opportunity to be a leader and showcase your brilliance
- Help further education in less privileged communities
- Competitive salary package
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ” School Implementation Manager ” In the title.
Graphic Designer and Artist for Classrooms
Zaya Learning Labs seeks a Graphic designer who can design classroom material for schools. Your role is to help develop creative, affordable and package-able interior solutions for low-income schools, which will create an enriching learning space for students. Along with classroom materials, you will design badges, graphics for zaya’s online platform and products.
The environment the students learn is plays a very important role in their learning outcomes however most low cost schools do not focus any resources or time into re-imagining their classrooms.
What you will be working on:
We want to create a unique experience for students entering a zaya classroom.
- You will design and develop a set of tools, products that teachers can use in classrooms to decorate and design it.
- Developing badges, icons for zayas online learning platform.
- Developing art work for making learning fun for students in lessons and assessments
- This has to be done in a budget so that low cost schools can afford it.
- Create a set of such easily shippable kits that zaya can offer to the school every 3 months to enhance the visual experience of their classrooms.
- Work closely with teachers to reflect visuals that students will see in our technology platform and create physical stationary out of it.
This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with experience and interest in the education space to be a leading contributor to a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial, high-impact, social enterprise organization. The ideal candidate has a passion for Zaya’s mission, thrives working externally, operating in ambiguous situations, and producing ambitious results.
Candidate Profile and Experience Required:
- Creative designing skills
- Ability to work with Photoshop or similar tools
- Strong sense of human centered design and experience
- Ability to source low cost products locally to create a package for schools
- Communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong operations skills and ability to work within a budget
- Passionate in Zaya’s mission to help increase educational resources and availability to rural communities
- 0-1 year experience
- Bachelors or similar degree in Arts, Architecture or Education
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ” Graphic Designer and Artist” In the title.