Join our awesome team!
We’re on a mission to deliver world class education to every child around the world. Inorder to do this we have setup on a mission to build the best technology, learning systems, curriculum and training program. With a project like this, we need the best and the brightest. Think you’re the perfect person for the job? We’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks
- The satisfaction of knowing your work helps to improve education for all
- Relocation Help
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Team Offsite’s around the country
- Casual work environment
Director of Operations
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations will lead all internal operations of the chain:
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the chain.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external;
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company.
- Motivate and lead a high performance team; Mentor direct reports to cultivate skills and to increase consciousness of the interrelationship between each department.
- Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, possible partners, competitors, and all aspects of Zaya’s market.
- Responsible for capital planning and expenditures.
- Gather and analyze customer trends to assist in developing corporate strategy.
- Represent the Company at various community activities; Meet and network regularly with business leaders in the community
We are seeking for an experienced Director of Operations to assist in the aggressive and successful growth of the company. As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Zaya Learning Labs and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new grounds to lead social change. Above all, we are seeking for a candidate who has a proven experience in a rapid-growth, rapid-scale multi-located business preferably in a service, retail or similar sector.
Candidate Profile and Experience Required:
Your skills and experience should include:
- Working in emerging and frontier markets in ambiguous and dynamic environments• Leadership and Organization – exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up multi-located organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed.• Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment, the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness• Strategic Vision and Agility – ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan• Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary• General Management—thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing.
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Zaya.
- Solid educational background—a very good undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired.• Advanced Excel skills (modeling and analysis) is required.
Full Stack Developer
This is your chance to expand your expertise in advanced technologies and distributed infrastructures as you solve challenging problems as part of our small but talented team. This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with experience and interest in the education space to be a leading contributor to a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial, high-impact, social enterprise organization. The ideal candidate has a passion for Zaya’s mission, thrives working externally, operating in ambiguous situations, and producing ambitious results.
- Develop next-gen Python/Django Web applications on cloud platforms.
- Build web applications optimized for desktop, mobile and tablet devices using the new HTML5 and related standards.
- Enhance scalability and reliability of existing applications
- Provide troubleshooting and 2nd-tier support for existing applications
You should have a track record of expertise in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of software optimized for large scale environments. You thrive on learning and applying new technologies. You’re capable of managing your time well and working efficiently and independently. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (Masters a plus).
- Self-starter, proactive, positive, creative, and flexible.
- Able to wear multiple hats and fill multiple roles and responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience with Python, MySQL.
- Must have a strong understanding of Python 2 and object-oriented design
- Django experience
- Hands-on experience with jQuery, AJAX, JSON, CSS.
- Working knowledge of new HTML5 technologies.
- Working knowledge of Twitter Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks
- You’ll thrive in a startup-like environment and possess maturity and business savvy.
- Familiarity with character encoding and how this applies to storing, retrieving and displaying data
- Bachelors of Engineering or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school, or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working with tools like TastyPy, HighCharts
- Knowledge of optimization such as memcached and scaling MySQL/Python
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Software Engineer- Python” In the title.
If you are a Engineer or Developer, with a technical Bachelors Degree (or related degree), or in your final year of Engineering who is looking to take on new challenges, please read on!
- Rock solid CSS skills
- CSS frameworks
- HTML5 knowledge
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code, and to correctly employ design patterns
- Extensive cross-browser and cross-platform tool development
- Basic Linux experience
- Communication skills – both verbal and written
- Passionate in Zaya’s mission to help increase educational resources and availability to rural communities
- Adobe Creative Suite – Design + Web
- A passion and knowledge for UI Design
- A love for teamwork and consensus building around designs
- Experience with Bug Management system (Jira a plus)
- Experience with Source Control tools a plus
- Great visual eye and a knowledge of typography, color, and composition
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UI Developer” In the title.
Marketing and Communications Manager
- Coordinating marketing communications – proofing design and print for internal and external communications.
- Maintaining the company website – updating blog content, analysing user trends and offering improvement ideas.
- Creating and distributing the monthly blog and newsletter.
- Attending to Search Engine Optimisation.
- Performing market research assignments – design, analysis and final reporting.
- Managing social media channels – sourcing content, coordinating posts, responding to users and running campaigns for both K-12 and
- To be considered for this position, you will have a Marketing/ Communications/ Business or a relevant degree, proven marketing know- how, a positive disposition and very strong English communication skills.
You should know:
You need to be a competent use of Microsoft Office, have a creative flare, and able to multi-task all projects and adhere to schedules and deadlines. Flexibility is essential. You must have a keen interest in social media and knowledge of digital media strategies.
Knowledge of any other local languages will be beneficial, however not essential.
Subject Matter Expert - Mathematics
Primary Location : Mumbai
- Research and understand pedagogy and the science of thorough video based learning
- Collaborate with leading content providers to understand and implement their high quality work in Zaya labs
- Provide detailed feedback on the content and identify gaps to be filled in the curriculum
- Design and create learning material to fill the identified gaps
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- ● Preferably 5 years teaching and lesson planning experience or more
- ● High performance in High School and college
- ● Attention to detail and culturally sensitive
- ● Excited about creating technology learning solutions that will impact children
- ● Ability to do quick math
- ● Penchant for research-ability to interpret research papers written on Math along with strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
Bachelor’s degree in any major, Master’s degree or a PhD are welcome from leading colleges and universities. Roles will be different based on education.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.